When it comes to treating erectile dysfunction, there are many treatment options available. Some of which being better and healthier than others. We all know about the little blue pill you could take to temporarily relieve the symptoms of ED, but what effects does this really have on the body and your condition in the long run? Unlike a temporary fix that a medication can give you, acoustic wave therapy has long-term effects and benefits. Before deciding the best course of treatment, it’s important to know the benefits and risks of the different treatment methods. Once you have a basic understanding, consult the professionals at Revived Medical for a custom treatment plan.
Acoustic Wave Therapy:
Acoustic wave therapy is a newer treatment with long-term effects and no health risks. Unlike other treatments, wave therapy treats the root cause of ED—not the symptoms. Acoustic wave therapy is preformed over multiple sessions using a wand-like device that is moved over the penis and administers acoustic sound waves. This encourages new blood vessels to grow and existing blood vessels to revitalize. The benefits to acoustic wave therapy include:
- Non-Invasive: This treatment is non-invasive and doesn’t even require anesthesia. Patients can typically resume their regular day to day activities immediately following the procedure.
- Convenience: Acoustic wave therapy is both quick and easy offering total convenience to its recipients. Sessions are usually 25 minutes or less which is repeated over the course of a few days or weeks.
- Longevity: Once you complete the treatment, results typically last for years to come. Your confidence and control will be restored!
- High Success Rate: Individuals who suffer from all degrees of erectile dysfunction can benefit and see results from acoustic wave therapy within weeks of completing the treatment.
- No Medication: During and after the procedure, you don’t need to take any medications or supplements to get or maintain your erection. When the moment happens, you can have an erection naturally. And when the moment is over, you are still capable of getting an erection whereas medications can only offer a temporary reprieve.
Almost everyone suffering from ED has heard of the name brand pills that you can take to get an erection. However, those who take these pills typically don’t even know how they work or the effect on their bodies. Although medication may seem like a quick and easy solution, the results are short lived. When you take a pill for erectile dysfunction, the chemicals in your body are being manipulated to help the muscles in your penis relax, allowing for more blood flow—resulting in an erection. There are some things to consider prior to taking an ED medication:
- Side Effects: Medications do have side effects and you should be aware of what can possibly happen. Headaches, long lasting erections, changes to vision, or pain can all be possible.
- Lack of Spontaneity: Most of the major pills on the market require time to take effect. Some pills take up to 6 hours before you can reap the benefits. Taking a pill when the moment hits won’t allow you to get an erection before the moment is over. You may have to plan accordingly and take the pill hours before anything may occur.
- Getting a Prescription: Majority of ED pills require a prescription from your doctor. This is to ensure the dosage is accurate.
- Safety: Some individuals with pre-existing health conditions should not take ED medications as the pills can negatively impact your health. Example conditions include but are not limited to:
- Kidney or Liver Disease
- Blood Pressure Issues
- Taking Other Medications
Supplements are typically over-the-counter and are not regulated or approved by the FDA. Many of the supplements available are herbal or contain ingredients that should only be taken via a prescription from a doctor. When taking over-the-counter products, you really are in the dark about possible side effects and how the supplement can interact with your body or other medications you may be using.
Surgery is another option for those suffering from erectile dysfunction. The most common surgical procedure available is getting penile implants. Penile implants are small instruments that are inserted into the penis and allow you to inflate/deflate the penis as desired. To inflate the penis, a saline fluid flows into the implants causing an erection. As with any surgery, there is a recovery period and possible risks or side-effects.
- Recovery: You may experience normal post operative pain for a few days or up to a few weeks. After roughly one month post op, you can learn to use and practice with the implant.
- Side-Effects: As with other surgeries, there is always a risk of getting an infection. You may also have issues with the penile hardware down the road which will require additional surgery to resolve.
When it comes to treating erectile dysfunction, you want to treat the cause of the problem, not just the symptoms. Acoustic wave therapy does just that. Not only does it treat the root cause of ED, but it offers long-term benefits, bringing back the spontaneity of an erection. Acoustic wave therapy is also completely safe. The team at Revived Medical is ready to asses your unique situation. Schedule your free consultation today and see how we are changing the way ED is treated.